Do you ever get an idea in your head that you just need to create? Sometimes you can't picture it exactly, but you have a rough idea of what you want to achieve. That's what happened with today's creation. I wasn't happy with the first attempt, but the second attempt was perfect!
You can see the first attempt in the video below.
I knew that I wanted to use In the City, which is the stamp set I used in Monday's post. I also had a vision of a Tangerine Tango and black sky, with fireworks, and little houses in front, but that's all I had.
View the Video Tutorial below...
Step-by-step instructions for this project
1. Mask off your sponging area using Post-it Notes, or some taped down card.
2. Sponge in Basic Black and Tangerine Tango.
3. Stamp the fireworks in Basic Black onto your sponged area.
4. Stamp your houses using Basic Black and colour using Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake. Fussy cut them out.
5. Stamp the 'On your new home' sentiment using the At Home with You stamp set.
6. Assemble your card - I used the Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals.
My card has that Bonfire Night feel to it, which is a bit early bearing in mind that we're in August (!), but it would make a lovely card for someone that has just moved in to a new home.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I show mainly cards but be sure to have a look around for scrapbooking, memory keeping and home decor projects.