Following on from the success of the Six Inch Bee Box I thought I would have a go at the original design by Crafty Caroline Creates. Although this is a CASE there are still some changes - I used a different style ribbon and sentiment.
We are going to make this in our next Class
Isn't it lovely?
What you will need...
All of the items are made by Stampin' Up! and are available to purchase by clicking on the names below, or by using the Shop Now button at the top of the screen.
Emerald Envy A4 Cardstock
Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
Mint Macaron A4 Cardstock
Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad
Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad
Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set
Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
Clear Block Bundle
Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon
Simply Scored score board
Project Life Corner Punch
How to make your box
1. Cut the Very Vanilla cardstock into a square of 8" x 8"
2. Cut the Emerald Envy cardstock into a square that is 2/8s of an inch smaller than the 8 x 8 piece
3. Stamp over your Very Vanilla cardstock with your desired pattern
4. Set the lid aside
5. Score the Emerald Envy cardstock at 1" around the four sides
6. Cut out the corners to make tabs for sticking as shown here:
7. Score the underside (not the stamped side!) of your stamped piece of 8 x 8 card.
8. Score all four sides at 3/8 of an inch, and at 1"
9. Now it's time to trim these corners for adhering down.
Snip along the two folds:
10. Cut the thinnest fold out completely and remove the lower half of the thicker piece (to make an inverted L shape):
11. Now trim the outer flaps:
12. Finally cut the inner square into a tab just like you did on your coloured piece of card
13. Glue the flap on top of the stamped side. Do this for all four sides but don't stick the box together yet.
14. Now run your glue along each outer thin flap:
15. Now assemble your box!
16. Add ribbon and your tag - and Voila, you are done!
If you have any questions at all don't hestitate to get in touch with me, I'd only be too glad to help.
FREE gift for every £45 spent on Stampin' Up! products...
Don't forget that during Sale-a-bration you can choose a FREE gift from the Sale-a-bration brochure (link on the left) for every £45 spent on products (excluding Shipping). There is no limit to the amount of freebies you can collect - bargain!
Back tomorrow with another project, thanks so much for stopping by...