This week I have been inspired by all sorts of things. When creating my projects I look for things that I love, that are interesting, or catch my eye. Or it may simply even just be my mood that affects what I decide to craft.
What caught my eye this week?
This week it was Fish Pie!
Mr Hippy and I went for a dinner at our friends' house and they made a fantastic Fish Pie which got me on to thinking about the seaside and fish and everything nautical.
I'm going to share the recipe with you and share my project too.
Amazing Fish Pie
To make this dish you will need:
Boiled Eggs (one per person)
Potatoes for mash – enough to cover chosen dish size and depth of topping
Fish pieces – as much as you want – around a piece person
Milk – half a pint to cover the fish and make the sauce (may need more if doing bigger pie)
Onion – cut into four pieces
Bay leaves – 2 – 4
Plain flour approx. 2 tablespoons
Butter or marg – 2 oz
Parsley – good two tablespoons
Salt and pepper
1. Boil eggs and set aside.
2. Boil potatoes for mashing and set aside (keep warm)
3. Place fish, onion and bay leaves in a frying pan, cover with milk and cook until fish is done for approx. 10 mins
4. Melt butter in a pan, add flour to make paste for the sauce – then add milk from the fish. Season.
5. Place fish in oven dish, season, add chopped eggs (halved or quarted) add parsley and then sauce.
6. Finish with seasoned mash.
7. Cook in oven around 20 – 30 minutes when browning on top and bubbling appears up the side of the dish is often a good sign.8. Enjoy!
Thanks to Lisa for the yummy dinner and for sending me the recipe!
So on the theme of fish I decided that I would dig out our By The Shore Designer Series Paper - that was the basis for the card.
I added the anchor from the Seaside Shore stamp set (available in Wood Mount or Clear Mount) and used the Labeler Alphabet to add the sentiment. I have been using this set a lot recently but then you can create so many sayings with it.
I'm hoping for lots of seaside adventures this year with Mr Hippy... we're happiest by the sea.
FREE gift for every £45...
Don't forget it's Sale-a-bration which means you can choose a FREE gift from the Sale-a-bration Brochure for every £45 spent on Stampin' Up! products... including any I've shown today. Use the links on the left of this website to see what's on offer.
I'll be back tomorrow with another project,