Learn how to create a watercoloured base for your cards
As you can see from the picture above my Ink Refills from Stampin' Up! have been well used! I get inky fingers every time I get them out. They come in every colour we have and they're predominantly for topping up your Classic Stampin' Pads however there are a myraid of techniques you can use them for.
Today I'll be showing you how to create a watercoloured card base for your projects using the Ink Refills, plus a Clear Block and an Aqua Painter. This is a quick and easy technique which is a lot of fun and produces a different effect every time.
You can watch the video or use the Step-by-Step guide below.
How to create your watercolour effect card base
1. Choose the size of your Clear Block - I used Clear Block E. Please note that you can buy our Clear Blocks as a Bundle saving 10%.
2. Take your Ink Refills and drip onto the Clear Block. The more ink you put on the darker your background will be. I find just a few light drops are best. I used Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise - a trio that works really well together.
3. Drop some water from the Aqua Painter and then blend together using a squiggle up through the colours.
4. Lay your Whisper White Cardstock over the block and smooth over with your hand. Leave to dry. You may wish to try this same technique with our Watercolour Paper.
5. Decorate your card. I used the 'Thanks!' sentiment from the Soft Sayings Card Kit which I stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and then elevated using some Stampin' Dimensionals.
And that's how easy it is. Another quick craft idea for you to create with your Stampin' Up! supplies. Don't forget you can order any of the products you've seen today using the Shop Now button at the top of the page or by clicking on the names of the products that are highlighted.
I hope you'll stop by my blog again, please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter, share my page or leave comments. I love getting comments!
Back soon, big hugs,