Good morning all,
If you have strayed on to my site I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and I usually post up pictures of cardmaking and scrapbooking projects, however from time to time I post up other random crafts that I have done. I hope you enjoy today's post and will come back to visit my site again.
So, something a bit different today! Here is a project I have been working on recently, it is a headdress for a handfasting... in particular, mine!
I have been keeping this under my hat a little, it was a low-key swapping of vows at a Beltain celebration with friends.
I loved making this and the result was way better than I had ever imagined. I think my number one tip for making a beautiful headdress is to find flowers that look as real as possible if you are using fake flowers. I used fake flowers for several reasons - because my handfasting was on a Sunday, and I was not sure I would get flowers early enough on the morning, or have the time, to get it made and I didn't want the pressure. I also didn't have a very big budget as I was using some money I was given for Yule, but the flowers I bought cost me quite a bit in the end. One benefit of going fake means you can wear your headdress again and again and negates the cost in the end.
After the fake flowers very few supplies were needed and they were very, very cheap. I used florist's anchor tape, some jewellery making pliers, and some florist's wire:
I already had the jewellery making pliers so the remaining cost was under £5. I shaped a loop using a couple of strands of wire and wrapped tape around the end product after checking my head for size.
I attached flower heads to the wire and twisted around the head-piece. I fixed everything in place with tape and added in flowers and leaves where needed until I had a full headdress. I used up all the flowers I had bought.
The finished article...