Monday, 17 July 2017
So much to be thankful for...
Crafty Hippy has been really busy recently for which I am truly thankful. Thank you to all my customers, past and present, and to the lovely ladies that attend my classes! It's so lovely when we all get together and create - I love sharing what I do and that is really at the heart of Stampin' Up! - getting together to share and create, and showing people what they can achieve. I am so happy to be a part of the Stampin' Up! family - and a family is what we truly are.
Find out how you can get involved, and more about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator by clicking HERE.
I thought that I would make a card to say thank you to you all for your continued support. It's a quick and simple card but is really lovely. It is so easy to make.
Make this card
1. Choose your paper and cardstock. As you know I used the Eastern Palace Specialty DSP and some matching Island Indigo A4 Cardstock cut down to size (if you cut it in half you will get two card bases).
2. Stamp your design on your Whisper White Cardstock. I used Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide, two of our new In Colors for this year.
3. Stamp your sentiment - I used the Thank You from Thoughtful Banners.
4. Assemble your card. Add a small Pearl Basic Jewel.
I loved making this card with this stamp set.
That's all for today, thanks for stopping by,
Friday, 14 July 2017
Are you always on the go? Do you have a busy life full of activity? Do you have a hectic work schedule? Do you love to be creative? If you've answered yes to any of the above questions then you'd benefit from investing in our inclusive Love Today Planner Kit.
Watch the Love Today Planner Kit video
Restock your Planner
This kit costs £33.00 and the best thing is no dates are printed, so you can start it whenever you fancy. We also offer a Love Today Planner Kit Refill (£24.00) so you can add to or restock your Planner whenever you need to.
The Love Today Planner comes with printed and gold foil stickers, divider pages, calendar pages, clear pages, basically everything you need to create a gorgeous yet functional planner.
You can even add pictures of your loved ones!
Stampin' Up! spent ages developing this gorgeous planner and it was well worth the wait - it is such a thoughtful and considered item - it's a must for anyone on the go. It's perfect for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, too - organise and plan your classes and projects alongside your family life schedule.
To take a look at the planner click HERE
Back soon with more Stampin' Up! news and offers,
Thursday, 13 July 2017
Make a gorgeous framed picture using the Stampin' Up! Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Today's project is a framed forest picture that is so easy to make. I'm going to take you through it step-by-step so that you can create your very own piece of pop art. You need relatively few supplies although you do need a Big Shot Machine. Scroll down to the tutorial for a complete list of crafting supplies.
I've made this project to take to the Needham Market Summer Mind, Body, Spirit Fair which is on this Saturday 15th July from 1000-1600hrs. If you're in the area please pop in and say hi. There will be lots of fantastic traders, therapists and readers - well worth a look.
Today's picture is similar to the one I made on the 28th January, except I have used different colours and I have also used both sides of the embossing folder to create an image and a negative of the same image.
How to make this picture
1. Find a frame that you like - I got this one from QD Stores, you may or may not be able to find this exact frame at the time of writing. A white frame would look just as nice with really bright colours. IKEA is always fantastic for frames and for these sorts of craft projects.
2. Pick out Ink Refills in the colours you want to use:
3. Drop colour onto one of the sides of the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and spread about with an Aqua Painter. I used two colours at a time (you can't really tell by the photograph) and I chose which side to colour at random.
4. Place a piece of Whisper White A4 Cardstock (cut down to size) into the embossing folder.
5. Run through the Big Shot Machine.
6. Using a brayer, lightly roll over your cardstock using a Classic Stampin' Pad. I used Early Espresso but any contrasting colour works fine.
7. Repeat in different colours.
7. Allow to dry, add your cardstock pieces to your frame and voila!
Contact me for more information
If you have any questions at all about this technique, or about ordering Stampin' Up! products drop me a line using the email address above. You can use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to browse or buy Stampin' Up! products, or click on the individual names in the article.
Back soon with more ideas,
Tuesday, 11 July 2017
Make this beautiful card using what Designer Series Paper you have in your cupboard...
The wonder of card making is that you can use whatever materials you have at hand to create a stunning project using a very basic template. For example today's card would look very different if you changed the background paper, or the sentiment, or the pattern in the circular die (or all three).
I actually used some retired Designer Series Paper for this card. Usually my projects are made with 100% of current products, but sometimes it's nice to craft for the sake of it and use whatever you want. This was one of those times.
How to make this card
1. Select your Cardstock - I used Melon Mambo A4 Cardstock
2. Stamp your sentiment in the corner of your Designer Series Paper - I used our Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad, and a sentiment from the Eastern Beauty stamp set. The paper is our retired Quatrefancy DSP.
3. Stamp the design onto some Whisper White A4 Cardstock and cut out using the Stitched Shape Framelits Dies which have been run through the Big Shot Machine. I have stamped in Night of Navy and Pool Party, with a bit more Melon Mambo.
4. Add a Rhinestone.
5. Assemble your card, I used some SNAIL Adhesive and some Stampin' Dimensionals.
Eastern Beauty is just one of our gorgeous stamp sets that can be used for cardmaking, scrapbooking, home decor and design. Click HERE to see our fabulous range that is made up of Clear Mount, Wood Mount and Photopolymer stamps.
Inspiration (and thanks!) for this card go to fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators Pip Todman and Fiona Whitten.
Eastern Beauty has been available for a while now, but I think it has to be one of my favourite stamp sets of all time and it has certainly proven to be really popular with customers and demonstrators alike. There will be more Eastern Beauty projects in the coming weeks I'm sure.
Friday, 7 July 2017
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday was my birthday and Mr Hippy took me to a fabulous Seafood restaurant in Ipswich. It was such a lovely evening - thank you Mr Hippy!
Because my birthday is July 6 that makes me a Cancerian. And anyone that knows me knows that I love anything to do with the sea - it's a bit of an obsession of mine, which is why I always buy our fabulous, nautical-themed stamp sets. I always dreamed about being a Mermaid when I was a little girl, and used to pretend to be one when I went swimming so the Magical Mermaid stamp set (also available in Clear Mount) really speaks to me.
Inspiration and thanks go to Craftylittlepeach.com for this card - which I have CASED as near to the original as I can.
How to make this card
There's quite a bit to this card but it's easy to make. Follow the easy steps below:
1. Stamp your Whisper White Cardstock card front in Tempting Turquoise using the Watercolor Wash stamp (also availabe in Clear Mount). Stamp again over the top in Pacific Point (having stamped off some of the colour first).
2. Flick some water from an Aqua Painter onto your background to create a watery effect.
3. Cut a large circle out of Whisper White Cardstock using the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies in the Big Shot.
4. Cut leaves from the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies in Bermuda Bay Cardstock, again using the Big Shot Machine.
5. Stamp the seaweed from Magical Mermaid (link above) in Bermuda Bay and the bubbles in Night of Navy onto the circle you have die-cut.
6. Stamp your Mermaid in Basic Black Archival Ink and leave to dry.
7. Using a Blender Pen and the following ink pads colour your Mermaid in: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Lemon Lime Twist (fabulous new colour!), Pink Pirouette.
8. Glitter up the Mermaid's tail using Wink of Stella and leave to dry.
9. Fussy cut your Mermaid out.
10. Cut off a long piece of Copper Trim and run your scissors down the inside of the tube - open it out (this looks like a net). When it came to assembling this card I used some Tear & Tape to stick it down.
11. Stamp your sentiment (mine is from Thoughtful Banners) onto some Night of Navy Cardstock using White Craft Ink.
12. Assemble your card - I used Tear & Tape, Snail, Dimensionals and the Fine Tip Glue Pen to add some Sequins. The card base is Pacific Point Cardstock.
You can view or order any of the products by clicking on their names. Let me know if you need any help with this project.
Thanks so much Mr Hippy for giving me such a wonderful birthday.
Learn more about becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator by clicking HERE.
Back soon, thanks for stopping by,
Monday, 3 July 2017
Bonus Days are back!
Get a £4.50 voucher to redeem in August for every £45.00 spent in July.
There are no limits to the amount of vouchers you can get for each order, but please note an email address is needed to participate.
To browse or buy simply press the Shop Now button at the top of this page.
Here at Stampin' Up! we love Christmas so much.
So much so that we have released a fabulous new offer for the month of July. Join the Crafty Hippies and Stampin' Up! will add the Essentials Pack automatically to your Starter Kit, which is worth £47.00
*Please note that you will actually get 2X Clear Block D.
You will also receive the Carols for Christmas Stamp Set, which is worth £18.00 and brings your freebies total to £67.00 - that's in addition to the £130 worth of products that you choose and only pay £99.00 for:
So, join the Crafty Hippies today as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for £99 and get:
£130 Stampin' Up! products of your choice
FREE Essentials Pack worth £47.00
FREE Carols of Christmas stamp set worth £18.00
FREE Business supplies
These items are added automatically onto the Starter Kit. Offer ends 31/7/2017.
You can join up HERE
Please contact me if you have any questions,
Saturday, 24 June 2017
Thursday, 22 June 2017
Wild about You!
I'm wild about this paper!! Isn't it gorgeous? I love the woolly mammoth! This paper is from the Pick a Pattern DSP and co-ordinates with the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set (also available in Clear Mount). It's perfect for kids and masculine cards.
Today's project is really simple but so much fun:
The sentiment is from the stamp set, and if you look closely you'll see I cut out images from the DSP. I used an oval die from the Stitched Shape Framelits, which I ran through the Big Shot.
If you have any questions about this project don't hesitate to contact me on the email address above.
Thanks for stopping by, back soon with another project,
Monday, 19 June 2017
My June class was all about masculine cards, which are notoriously difficult to make.
We made a Father's Day card that could also be tweaked into a birthday card - note that I changed the orientation for these cards so that you can see how different they look:
Yesterday was Father's Day here in the UK so this was actually a card I gave to Mr Hippy from his girls.
These cards are based on a card made by Lisa Young - Lisa originally used Watercolor Paper for her background but I've found you can still use our Whisper White Thick Cardstock. Thank you for the CASE Lisa!
The stamp set I used was Guy Greetings and I stamped this in our Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad - leaving plenty of time to dry. I used an Aqua Painter to wash some Night of Navy and Soft Suede colour. I used cardstock in matching colours.
Thanks for stopping by today,
Thursday, 15 June 2017
Today I'm showcasing the gorgeous Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers which co-ordinate with the Eastern Palace Suite. I think this has been my favourite project to date:
I love the Lemon Lime Twist ink - I think the greens are Stampin' Up!'s best colours. As you can see the sticker I've used in the middle goes perfectly with one of our Rhinestone Basic Jewels - but please note the stickers are super sticky and don't peel off so make sure you place them right.
Other supplies I've used for this card are:
Eastern Beauty Photopolymer Stamp Set
Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper
Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper
Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad
Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin' Pad
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
Delicate White Doilies
Whisper White Cardstock
I really loved making this project - of course feel free to CASE.
Have a lovely day,
Tuesday, 13 June 2017
How was your weekend? For me the week has started off well. The best thing about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is sometimes you get surprises in the post from friends who happen to be fellow demonstrators. Yesterday I received this lovely card - thank you so much to Jane from Amethystar Crafting. I think this is such a beautiful card - the colours compliment each other perfectly. You can find the link to Jane's blog at the bottom of the page.
Lemon Lime Twist
This card may only have two colours but they work so well together. Jane has used Lemon Lime Twist and Basic Black and she knew I would just love this colour combo! The stamp set she has used is Colorful Seasons and the leaf is cut from the co-ordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies. You can actually save 10% by buying them together as a Bundle.
Take a look at our Lemon Lime Twist A4 Cardstock, you can also find it in the In Color 2017-2019 A4 Cardstock Pack.
These items are all from our Color Theory Suite which you can view here:
Other perfect things have happened this week!
I found this field of poppies - not a great shot of me but I wanted to show I was there! Isn't it gorgeous? Makes me wish that Stampin' Up! would bring back Poppy Parade - a gorgeous red Classic Stampin' Pad of yesteryear...
So beautiful. I am lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. Needham Market is classed as a town but it's village sized really. This field is two minutes from my home and I've never seen it covered in poppies before.
Hope you all have a great week like me, take a look at Jane's blog Amethystar Crafting as you go about yours.
That's all from me today, thanks for passing by,
Thursday, 8 June 2017
Big day today! Taking my mind off things with the Eastern Beauty stamp set and Delicate White Doilies
Big day today!
It's a big day here in the UK - we have our General Election. This means that tomorrow morning we find out whether we have a new Prime Minister or keep the one we already have. I've been out and done my civic duty - now just to wait for the result!
In the meantime I've been doing some crafting - I am loving the Eastern Beauty Stamp Set and co-ordinating Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper which I have used here.
Matching Dies - Bundle and Save 10%
We also have wonderful Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies which aren't featured in this project but do go with the stamp set. If you buy both together as a Bundle you can save 10%.
What else have I used on this project?
I've used a gorgeous Metal Rimmed Pearl and a Delicate White Doily for extra depth. Berry Burst, Dapper Denim and Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin' Pads.
Give me a shout if you have any questions about these products or about Stampin' Up! products in general,
Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Foxy Friends Stamp Set and Punch
Whilst the new catalogue is out with lots of amazing new stamp sets I still find myself using my old favourites.
Today's card is an example of that - who can resist Foxy Friends? I adore foxes so this is the perfect stamp set for me:
I used a mixture of Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake and Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pads. I have taken the Happy Birthday sentiment from Guy Greetings, which is also available in Clear Mount and Photopolymer.
I had so much fun making this project. Of course you could change the sentiment to anyting you wanted. This set is perfect for children and masculine cards.
I'll be back soon with another project, thanks for stopping by,